VMware Cloud Community
dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error trying to register NSX-V Manager to vCenter

I am trying to automate the process to register the newly deploy NSX Manager (6.4.8) to Center after it is deployed.  I am using the latest PowerNSX as far as I can tell.  I manage to deploy the NSX Manager without issue.  Afterward, I connect to the NSX Manager also without issue

Connect-NSXServer -Server $NSX_Mgr_Hostname -Username admin -Password $NSX_Mgr_UI_Pass -DisableVIAutoConnect -WarningAction SilentlyContinue

Next, I use the Set-NsxManager to set my VCSA as the lookup service, also without issue, even though I would normally do this on step 2

Set-NsxManager -SsoServer $VCSAHostname -SsoUserName $ssoUsername -SsoPassword $VCSASSOPassword -AcceptAnyThumbprint

dwchan_1-1613368895649.png

Next, I register it with Center using the Set-NsxManager again with the following syntax

Set-NsxManager -vCenterServer $VCSAHostname -vCenterUserName $ssoUsername -vCenterPassword $VCSASSOPassword -AcceptAnyThumbprint

However, no matter what I try, and I thought it worked in the past, it is given me the following error

Invoke-NsxRestMethod : The NSX API response received indicates a failure. 400 : Bad Request : Response Body: {"errorCode":226,"details":"15:99:A2:78:
DC:DC:7A:5D:D6:42:CD:C8:3A:97:DA:4E:92:1F:06:12:14:FD:32:4B:A9:4E:AF:10:44:6A:20:EC","rootCauseString":null,"moduleName":null,"errorData":null}
At C:\Users\cdominic\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerNSX\PowerNSX.psm1:3519 char:13
+ throw $ErrorString
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (Invoke-NsxRestM...rrorData":null}:String) [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Invoke-NsxRestMethod : The NSX API response received indicates a failure. 400 : Bad Request : Response Body: {"errorCo
de":226,"details":"15:99:A2:78:DC:DC:7A:5D:D6:42:CD:C8:3A:97:DA:4E:92:1F:06:12:14:FD:32:4B:A9:4E:AF:10:44:6A:20:EC","rootCauseString":null,"modu
leName":null,"errorData":null}

When I try this manually, a pop-up window is showing me the thumbprint as the error, when I accept it, it go through manually without issue.  Given I set the switch -AcceptAnyThumbprint, not sure if that is even an issue.  In short, what am I missing as there are very limited information with PowerNSX, and less so with the error I am getting.  Any feedback would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

You seem to be encountering Issue#458 in PowerNSX

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I saw that but try out the code before I posted on here.  The code didn't work.  I do update the set-nsxmanager command with the thumbprint I capture manually, versus using accept any thumbprint still no luck.  So in plain English, what change?  Not sure I clearly understood about the switch with SHA, so the switch change on the nsx mgr side?

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

I noticed you did open a new  Issue at PowerNSX, I think they will be the best chance of getting a valid reply.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes and thank you.  Will reply back to this post if I get a resolution

0 Kudos