Commander
Jump to solution

Error following VC upgrade to 2.5

55# get-viserver mojito

Get-VIServer : Unexpected Error. ID Core_GetViServer_NewClient_NullClient

At line:1 char:13

+ get-viserver <<<< mojito

Any ideas?

My signature used to be pretty, but then the forum software broked it. vExpert. Microsoft MVP (Windows PowerShell). Author, Podcaster, Speaker. I'm @halr9000
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since this is pre-release (and version 1 for that matter), our installer doesn't account for upgrade scenarios. So for any of you who had used a previous build, please be sure to uninstall before installing the new one. And we'd certainly like to follow up with anyone who experiences any of this kind of trouble.

Antonio (VMware developer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are there any other details you can share? Did this used to work before the upgrade? Do you have any other VC 2.5 servers you can try this against? Are you connecting to multiple VC servers, maybe one that is 2.0 and one that is 2.5?

Carter

halr9000
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I have only one VC server. The VI-TK worked against it at the previous version (VMware-vpx-2.0.2-62327). I upgraded, had to create a new datastore (was using MSDE), then immediately tried to connect to it using PowerShell. I don't have any other 2.5 servers I can test against.

Snapin version is 1.0. Is that the version which was just released to us a few days ago?

My signature used to be pretty, but then the forum software broked it. vExpert. Microsoft MVP (Windows PowerShell). Author, Podcaster, Speaker. I'm @halr9000
0 Kudos
halr9000
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

For others' benefit, I'm corresponding in email with one of the VMware devs who is having trouble getting into the forum. Just wanted you to know so that you don't think they are ignoring this forum.

0 Kudos
halr9000
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Uninstall / reinstall solved the problem. Don't know what the root cause was.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since this is pre-release (and version 1 for that matter), our installer doesn't account for upgrade scenarios. So for any of you who had used a previous build, please be sure to uninstall before installing the new one. And we'd certainly like to follow up with anyone who experiences any of this kind of trouble.

Antonio (VMware developer)

0 Kudos