VMware Cloud Community
energizer08
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Datastore/RDM MultiPath Policy Reporting

I'm looking to create a fairly complex .csv datastore report - containing the following data/columns:

DataCenter  |  Cluster  |  Hostname (short name, not FQDN  |  Identification (datastore name,  if not datastore identify as RDM  |  Canonical Name   |  Lun # |   MPP Policy   |   Vendor

I know this data can be obtained with several different commands,  however putting it all together into a single report is another challenge...

Any help would be appreciated...   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I use a variation on that script that displays the LUNid in the matric (instead of the text).

Give that one a try

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Have a look at Re: Help displaying datastore information

It will already give you the way to link between a datastore and the canonical names of the LUNs behind it.

energizer08
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks,  that was a good start..    There are two more features that would be extremely helpful if feasible:

-  Include both RDMs and datastores in the report,  preferably in the same column: if it's a datastore,  list the data-store name,  if it's and RDM,  just annotate as "RDM"

-  Include the LUN number in the report

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

My LUN report – datastore, RDM and node visibility post shows a script that does this datastore/RDM reporting.

Adding the LUN number is not too difficult, since it it contained in the LUN object.

energizer08
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The Lun Report is very close to what I need..  I'm trying to expand the LunInfoDef array by adding the multipathpolicy and vendor data to it -  however am running into a roadblock..   Further breakdown on adding the Lun # would be helpful as well..   Any pointers would be appreciated...  

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I use a variation on that script that displays the LUNid in the matric (instead of the text).

Give that one a try

0 Kudos
energizer08
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks LucD for sharing your expertise - great stuff!

0 Kudos
rnotaro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How hard would it be to add multipathing policy to this script as well?

0 Kudos