VMware Cloud Community
thegrumpyengine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Customization script - updating script to run failing via PowerCLI

Hi.

I'm trying to either create a new customization script or update an existing one via PowerCLI. The goal is to update the 'Customization Script' code so that each newly deployed machine runs a slightly modified script.

If I generate a customization script in the GUI and record the steps via the developer centre I get the following output:(I assume this is correct!!)

Customization.PNG

However, even when trying to execute this code manually, the Spec.Identity.ScriptText object can not be found..

"The property 'ScriptText' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists and can be set."

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong or is this just not possible right now?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you using PowerCLI 12.0?

The ScriptText property on the CustomizationLinuxPrep object is introduced in vSphere API 7.0

scripttext.png

You need a PowerCLI version that supports vSphere 7, and contains the framework for the vSphere API 7.0.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Moved to PowerCLI

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you using PowerCLI 12.0?

The ScriptText property on the CustomizationLinuxPrep object is introduced in vSphere API 7.0

scripttext.png

You need a PowerCLI version that supports vSphere 7, and contains the framework for the vSphere API 7.0.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
thegrumpyengine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ah awesome. My fault for not checking. Cheers Luc.

0 Kudos