VMware Cloud Community
gamename
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Custom Spec - Automatic Logon Needed For SysPrep?

When creating a customization spec, is the "Automatically log on" option (below) required to run sysprep? Or, are sysprep and runonce scripts driven by a different process?  If so, does sysprep require 1 auto-logon and the runonce scripts require another logon (i.e. 2 auto logons)?

TIA,

-T

customSpecAutoLogon.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not exactly imho, the AutoLogon is a setting that you configure through the sysprep.inf file, and subsequently configured through the sysprep process.

But like I said, afaik the AutoLogon is only related to the GuiRunOnce section, not the RunOnce statements.

You would need to have a look at the generated sysprep.inf to be absolutely sure.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Afaik only the actions defined in the GuiRunOnce section of the sysprep file would require an autologon.

Check the sysprep.inf file that the OSCustomizationSpec generated before starting the VM and kicking off the sysprep process.

You can mount the harddisk on another VM to do that.

0 Kudos
gamename
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So the "Automatically log on" checkbox does drive the sysprep process?  My point is that I can't figure out how the options on this dialog box are related to the subsequent dialogs and sysprep. Smiley Happy  Are they dependent in other words?

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not exactly imho, the AutoLogon is a setting that you configure through the sysprep.inf file, and subsequently configured through the sysprep process.

But like I said, afaik the AutoLogon is only related to the GuiRunOnce section, not the RunOnce statements.

You would need to have a look at the generated sysprep.inf to be absolutely sure.

0 Kudos
gamename
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos