VMware Cloud Community
iffarrukh
Contributor
Contributor

Connect-VIServer The operation has timed out

Hi all

I am trying to connect to vCenter using PowerCLI but I am gettng this error.  I am trying to connect from the same server where vcenter is installed mean vpshere powercli and vcenter are installed on same virtual machine.

Connect-VIServer : 20/04/2012 12:59:53 PM    Connect-VIServer        The operation has timed out
At line:1 char:17
+ Connect-VIServer <<<<
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Connect-VIServer], ViError
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Client20_ConnectivityServiceImpl_Reconnect_WebException,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.ConnectVIServer
Its asking me for password again and again if I donot put password in Connect-VIServer command and if I put password and username then almost after 3.5 minutes PowerCli throws this error.....

I tried connecting to vCenter ung CLi from my workstation and I was able to connect.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help would be great.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mattboren
Expert
Expert

Hello, iffarrukh-

Can you provide an example of the command that is failing when you run it in a PowerCLI session on the vCenter server?

And, what kind of credentials are you using -- is it a local user on the vCenter server, or an AD account?

0 Kudos
iffarrukh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mattboren

Thanks for your response.

I am just trying to connect to vCenter using command

Connect-VIServer 192.168.8.1 48 -user administrator -password xxxxxx

and I am getting error then.. I am using the same credentials on my workstation to conenct to vCenter and I can connect. and its a local account on vCenter Server.

Regards
Farrukh

0 Kudos
vHaridas
Expert
Expert

Hi,

look for this - http://communities.vmware.com/message/1746794?tstart=0

insted of running powercli from vcenter, install it on your system from where you can connect to VC using vcenter client.

then try to connect to vCenter using Powercli.

Thanks,

Haridas

Please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" replies. Thanks....!!! https://vprhlabs.blogspot.in/
0 Kudos