Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CloneVM_Task Customization

Posted Oct 01, 2008 08:54 PM
      |   view attached

Trying to create a VM from a Template using the script from this post .

The script works fine, the task starts up and starts to copy the VM. It hits 100% and immediately Says "Failed to deploy template: Customization failed." Doesn't give me much info... below is what I found in the log file. Have also attached the ps1 file. Any suggestions or ideas welcome.

Vm provision transaction rollback done

Unable to recover from HY000:0

Clone failed: vim.fault.CustomizationFault

-- FINISH task-278 -- vm-98 -- vim.VirtualMachine.clone -- 36080870-D2E9-4A19-B3D8-18670E334AF9

-- ERROR task-278 -- vm-98 -- vim.VirtualMachine.clone: vim.fault.CustomizationFault:

(vim.fault.CustomizationFault) {

dynamicType = <unset>,

msg = ""

}

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: CloneVM_Task Customization

Posted Oct 01, 2008 11:33 PM

Are you able to do this cloning in VirtualCenter?

Is it possible to define the spec in VirtualCenter then use it from the command line? That tends to be a bit less error prone.

• 3.  RE: CloneVM_Task Customization
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 02, 2008 06:32 AM

Do you have the sysprep files installed on the VirtualCenter server?

• 4.  RE: CloneVM_Task Customization

Posted Oct 02, 2008 01:31 PM

Didn't know there was a sysprep file that needed to be installed on the server, where can I find more info on where to get and put these files?

I can clone from the console without a problem, can also clone from New-VM -Template without a problem as well. But need a way to set a few more options than what New-VM offers. Need to be able to set IP, run sysprep, etc....

• 5.  RE: CloneVM_Task Customization

Posted Jul 02, 2009 01:56 AM

Hi, I tried using this script to deploy a VM. Everything is fine, the VM is created but then the server crashes. This is what I found at the end of the log file before the crash

-- BEGIN task-internal-466 -- host-10 -- VpxdInvtHostSyncHostLRO.Synchronize --

Synchronizing host: host12 (10.0.10.13)

Retrieved host update to 7526

Completed host synchronization

-- FINISH task-internal-466 -- host-10 -- VpxdInvtHostSyncHostLRO.Synchronize --

CoreDump: Writing minidump

Any help is much appreciated