VMware Cloud Community
RevCycleHC
Contributor
Contributor

Bug in Current PowerCli Release

How Do I go about requesting a bug get fixed in the current PowerCli Release?

If you trying to query and pull storage provider information with the get Get-SpbmStoragePolicy or force store the policy in a variable and try to read the replication group with it and run $repgroup = $policy | Get-SpbmReplicationGroup It kicks back red text error because some of the controllers in my storage povider show a -- null value for last time scanned because theyre the standby controller. This is as it functions the standby storage provider controllers WILL NOT show a scan date until they become primary. Ive contacted our Storage Vendor pure who has verified its working as intended and they get the same bugs on their end when trying to run these get commands and there is null values in the last scan dates for the standby controllers.

Get-SpbmReplicationGroup : 1/13/2021 3:32:35 PM Get-SpbmReplicationGroup Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At line:2 char:23
+ $repgroup = $policy | Get-SpbmReplicationGroup
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-SpbmReplicationGroup], VimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Core_BaseCmdlet_UnknownError,VMware.VimAutomation.Storage.Commands.Cmdlets.Spbm.Replication.GetSpbmReplicationGroup

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

You open an SR

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
RevCycleHC
Contributor
Contributor

I did they said they dont offer any support and can not redirect any powershell related commands to anyone on their support staff and I was told to come to the Powershell community here on Vmware

@LucD SR 20178645712 

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

That is not correct, and unfortunately, a claim GSS seems to make quite often.
Refer them to PowerCLI Support Breakdown which clearly states "The coverage areas are around the installation process and cmdlet failures."

knikolov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, I can confirm what Luc just said and what's written in the blog post article. If GSS need further clarification you could ask them to reach out to me.

LucD
Leadership
Leadership

That article is about PowerCLI 12.1, we are currently on 12.7.
Afaik that issue was fixed.

0 Kudos