VMware Cloud Community
rpotru
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Automate generating disk I/O, CPU/memory load on bunch of VM's after VM Power ON operation

Hi,

I have a requirement to start disk I/O, CPU, Memory load  on bunch of VM’s when VM’s are  powered ON automatically.  Anyone have ideas to share?

Currently, I am powering on VMs via PowerCLI and then manually login to them and then Open IOmeter and select the disk and set parameters and start test. Leave it running for 5mins approximately and then delete file so that I can conserve space as they are tiny VMs.

Power Off VM’s and then after 5mins Power On and repeat the process listed above.

Same process has to be done for CPU/Memory load testing and I am using tools from Microsoft. The pain point is to login to all VM’s manually and kick off each task one by one.

It is cumbersome to do this for huge number of VMs.  Just checking if anyone have better ideas.

Not sure if there is  a way to talk to iometer and generate load from script etc.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

You can use Invoke-VMScript to connect to the VM, and then run iometer from there.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos