VMware Networking Community
hcltechcom
Contributor
Contributor

nsx-t 3.0 on windows server 2016

hi, i am facing issue install nsx-t 3.0 on windows server 2016. i followed installation guide but its not clear. i need help. i downloaded windows nsx bunddle on server and run it. but after that not able to add windows server as host trasport node in nsx manager.

need help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
hcltechcom
Contributor
Contributor

when i tried to add windows server as host in nsx manager it tries to configure nsx but fails, i followed installation guide its not very clear with the steps that how to add windows server as trasport node in nsx manager.

some can help me on it.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Did you follow the directions here? If not, please carefully describe what steps you took and what the outcome was. Screenshots help immensely.

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

Did you follow the guide attached?

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
hcltechcom
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply, firstly i downloaded the nsx 3.0 bundle in windows bare metal server. i run the .exe file and followed the wizard. i cud see nsx services running in the windows server using msc.config, after that as per installation guide i tried to run the nsxcli command but it didnt recognize. so i tried to add windows server as trasnport node in nsx manager but i failed the config.

plz help

0 Kudos
hcltechcom
Contributor
Contributor

yes, i am following installation guide but steps for windows server are not clear. i dont want to use anisible just wan to manually do it. so trying to install and add windows server in nsx 3.0 manager manually.

if u hav done then plz mentioned the steps i can follow them, below are the ones i followed

step 1: To interactively install NSX-T, double click the setup.exe file and follow the wizard to complete installation. ---------------it worked and nsx got installed in server

step 2. Run the nsxcli command to join the Windows Server to the NSX Manager -------------------- didnt work in windows it didnt recognize the command

step 3. Configure the host as a transport node either from the NSX Manager UI or REST APIs. For more details, see Create a Standalone Host or Bare Metal Server Transport Node  -.............................................  this step not working and giving me error while adding windows server as trasport node in nsx manager, error attached

if i am missing any steps then plz let me know i cud try other steps

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You need to follow the directions exactly. Show how you tried to run nsxcli and then gave up. You need to use Ansible, again, as outlined in the instructions.

0 Kudos
hcltechcom
Contributor
Contributor

i want to do without ansible, i ran nsxcli command in the windows server powershell .. but it didnt work

error is attached

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It's not finding the nsxcli program, so where is it? You don't seem to be trying very hard here. Use Ansible as directed unless you're an expert at this, which you're clearly not. Otherwise, good luck.

0 Kudos
hcltechcom
Contributor
Contributor

i am following steps mentioned in the installation guide precisely..but steps mentioned in the guide are very confusing, for example step step c says to install nsx-t interactively click setup.exe command and next step they say run command nsxcli to join server to nsx-t manager, didnt mention proper step.

if someone has done it then plz tel me in understandable way.. i am sure other wud also find it confusing to follow these steps

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

So as mentioned to you earlier, you aren't running nsxcli. The error message showed that it wasn't found, so where is it? Until you can run that tool, nothing else matters.

0 Kudos
hcltechcom
Contributor
Contributor

hi thanks, i tired to look for nsxcli batch but couldnt find, however found nsclibms which worked.

actually we need to run "nsxclibms" and then it gives prompt to join nsx manager cluster. now my host has joined the cluster but its reflected in the nsx manager however nsx config is not getting installed and overlay tunnel is not getting configured, getting error at 65%.

need help?

0 Kudos