VMware Networking Community
vmmedmed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When planning microsegmentation say with VRNI, is there a means of telling what process initiated a particular traffic flow?

I've been reading and watching a number of articles and videos on microsegmentation. One statement that

I *think* I heard was a means of identifying what process on a VM initiated a particular traffic flow. Perhaps they

were saying you needed host introspection to do that? Is there a means of identifying that the process on

a VM that originated network traffic traffic that does not necessarily involve the systems administrator or

application owner of that VM?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mauricioamorim
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vRNI doesn't have visibility of processes running inside VMs related to each traffic. NSX-v, though, has a functionality called Endpoint Monitoring that does this. Have you looked at it? Endpoint Monitoring Data Collection

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mauricioamorim
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vRNI doesn't have visibility of processes running inside VMs related to each traffic. NSX-v, though, has a functionality called Endpoint Monitoring that does this. Have you looked at it? Endpoint Monitoring Data Collection

0 Kudos
vmmedmed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The endpoint monitoring data collection looks to be exactly what I heard/am looking for.

Thanks!

0 Kudos