VMware Networking Community
mellis99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Web Client Plugin not fully installed

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out but I haven't seen anything that fixes this issue. When I register NSX Manager 6.2 Build 2986609 with vCenter 5.5 Update 2e, the connection is successful and I can see the extension registered in the MOB and the web client extension manager but the Networking and Security tab in the Web Client does not show up. I have restarted both vCenter and NSX Manager, tested connectivity between each, NTP configured, DNS configured, tried both a domain service account and administrator@vsphere.local (and logged in as that user once registered) but nothing will show up.

C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity does not have a vshield directory

homelab-nsx-registration.PNG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mellis99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I figured out the actual problem. It was the timezone setting. Timezone MUST match what vCenter is using. I have always left linux appliances (such as NSX and even ESXi) on UTC but all of my windows server such as vCenter are on the Eastern timezone. This was my issue, even though the time was in sync the timezone must be set correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SRoland
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Isn't the disk full on the vCenter?

0 Kudos
mellis99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

23GB free on vCenter Server

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌The link below details a user who had experienced a similar issue, and was able to resolve the issue with the installation of an update. Not a clear explanation as to why, but it worked for them.

NSX web client plugin disappeared

0 Kudos
mellis99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I saw that same thread. I did try to reinstall the web client but that did not work. I also set the checkbox to force an IP connection rather than DNS but still the same issue.

0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

While I'm not completely sure (a bunch of things were changed this being one of them) I believe my issue was due to the database running out of space. 

Should probably update my own thread.

0 Kudos
mellis99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The drive the database is located on or the amount of free space (and autogrow settings of the database) because mine is fine and autogrow is unrestricted.

0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

the drive

0 Kudos
mellis99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Definitely not the case with me. I might try to upgrade to 5.5u3a and try again.   

0 Kudos
mellis99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I figured out the actual problem. It was the timezone setting. Timezone MUST match what vCenter is using. I have always left linux appliances (such as NSX and even ESXi) on UTC but all of my windows server such as vCenter are on the Eastern timezone. This was my issue, even though the time was in sync the timezone must be set correctly.

0 Kudos