VMware Networking Community
Joseph_Saling
Contributor
Contributor

VeloCloud Gateway Microsoft 365 access

We are using a VeloCloud SDWan network, being managed by a third party. We are struggling with connectivity to Microsoft 365 as the traffic bound for this service traverses the SDWan network to a Gateway managed by third party. Behind that gateway is a virtual firewall that sends the Microsoft 365 traffic out to the internet.

I'm finding a number of articles and brochures related to VMWare VeloCloud Gateways that have direct access to the Microsoft 365 ingress points. This appears to me as if traffic for Microsoft 365 would traverse the SDWan network and exit to Microsoft 365 through a VMWare VeloCloud gateway, assuming we had the proper licensing. The company supporting our installation keeps telling me that Express Route connections to Microsoft 365 aren't supported.

Is a VMWare VeloCloud gateway with service to Microsoft 365 the same thing as Express Route? My understanding of what I'm reading is that it is not the same.

Am I able to acquire licenses or whatever is required to allow my users to access Microsoft 365 services through a VMWare VeloCloud Gateway?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tarek2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i believe you can ask the 3rd party which manage your SD-WAN to configure a non SD-WAN Destination via Gateway to the MS 360 and this should work , the traffic from the site will traverse from the Edge to the Gateway and then the gateway will route it to the MS , the benefit from this that the traffic from the site to the VCG will be optimized by the DMPO.

0 Kudos