VMware Networking Community
pericaj
Contributor
Contributor

VMware SSL VPN-Plus Client doesn't work with Ubuntu 20.04

Hi,

I'm using VMware SSL VPN-Plus Client 6.4.0 with Ubuntu 18.04 and it works fine, but it doesn't work with Ubuntu 20.04.

The installation works fine, and the GUI is ok, I get the logon screen and after I enter my username and password and click OK it just drops and no connection is made.

Is there some newer version, or some workaround to use this client?

Thanks,

Perica

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey pericaj​,

It does not work because is not supported: SSL VPN-Plus Overview.​ If you make it work will be a best effort.

Unfortunately the documentation is generic for NSX-V 6.4.x.

0 Kudos
pericaj
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

It would be nice to have a proper version that works with Ubuntu 20.04 made by VMware, as now I can not upgrade my workstation because I'll lose connection to all servers that are using this type of VPN.

Is there another compatible VPN client I can use?

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I am afraid that the SSL-VPN Client for Ubuntu 20.04 is not supported and this is the last Ubuntu version so I did not understand what you mean by "can not upgrade my workstation"

And no, there is no other VPN Client as it comes embedded in NSX-V. I suggest you to open a SR case with VMware as you are not the first person with this issue and it seems that in the documentation they are not updating the supported versions (seems to me)

0 Kudos
pericaj
Contributor
Contributor

By "can not upgrade my workstation" i mean that I'm currently working on Ubuntu 18.04 on my laptop, and this VPN client is very important to me because I must connect to several servers that has this type of VPN on a daily basis, so I can not upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 if I don't find a solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Oh okay I thought you were already on Ubuntu 20.04, so yes, I recommend you to not update your workstation till confirmation from VMware support.

0 Kudos
pedrolauro
Contributor
Contributor

Any news about that? 2 years later, enough time to make this work. I'm using ubuntu 22.04, and it doesn't work also.

0 Kudos