VMware Horizon Community
Noknuj
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon loading problems using T-Mobile Gateway but not other ISP

Have been using VMWare for work for 5mo., and T-Mobile Gateway (home internet) for approx. 6 months with no problems. T-Mobile "updated" tower (something they claim to do frequently), cannot now consistently connect. Sometimes gets through. Sometimes when I get through I eventually and randomly get kicked out. Getting error messages: "Loading Failed - the Connection to the Remote Computer Ended" or it gets stuck in an "Authenticating" loop. According to T-Mobile engineers "no provisioning or network issues found, the subscriber can followup with the provider to determine if T-Mobile IP addresses are improperly blocked (see worklog for full range) and if lPv6 traffic is supported."  Works fine with other ISP. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your post needs moving to the correct area, so I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Dave34
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you find a solution for this, any advice very much appreciated 

thanks

0 Kudos
Noknuj
Contributor
Contributor

Never did.  Couldn't prove problem wasn't on my end so defaulted to another ISP. 

0 Kudos
gilbertlisondra
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with T-Mobile 5G home internet. VMWare stopped working Nov 3, 2022, not able to tunnel to my work's vmware host. I am able to connect using my backup line, which is unfortunately slower.

0 Kudos
DBrush1
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue with Horizon over T mobile for the past couple of weeks. Worked fine when I purchased the service a couple of months ago, but now I cannot reliably connect, and when I do I get frequent disconnects. Not sure what changed on the T mobile side, but it works fine of my backup DSL connection.

slatzel
Contributor
Contributor

Have their been any updates to this? I have the same issues with my VMWare on TMobile's gateway (5g Home internet)

0 Kudos
murdok610
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah it's over a year with this non-sense.

Why actually fix the issue when VMware and T-Mobile can just finger-point at each other and continue to make money. It doesn't make good business sense to actually fix the issue. Why would they?

We're trying get away from VMware because of nonsense like this.

0 Kudos
alexkuchi
Contributor
Contributor

I think it’s because of the mtu size on your end device . Lower this to 1200 for example and try again

0 Kudos