VMware Networking Community
Dr_Virt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VCSA / NSX Integration

I have 3 linked vCenters and am testing NSX-T. All are the latest releases. We have 1 management vCenter/cluster where all of the vSphere/VRA tools are deployed and 2 vCenters/Clusters where workloads are deployed. 

I launched the VCSA deployment wizard for NSX-T and uploaded the OVA. I selected the management Cluster for deployment, however, I want to integrate with vCenter(3) only. 

Is there a step later to target which vCenter to integrate with?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShahabKhan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Once NSX-T Manager is deployed. You will have to add Compute Manager to it. That is where you select which vCenter you want to integrate with NSX-T. The procedure to add Compute Manager is documented below.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.2/installation/GUID-D225CAFC-04D4-44A7-9A09-7C...

0 Kudos
Dr_Virt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That didn't work. It automatically registered to the deployed management cluster. 

The wizard then errored as NSX-T is already configured on that vCenter. I had to manually go in to the deployed appliance, remove the management vCenter and then add the vCenter(3).

0 Kudos
ShahabKhan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using any automation for the deployment? If you are doing manual install, then you have to add vCenter as Compute manager, it never gets added automatically. 

0 Kudos