VMware Networking Community
windfall
Contributor
Contributor

VCIX-NV exam scope

Hi all,

I am preparing for VCIX-NV exam. I read the exam blueprint statements below:

Candidates should be knowledgeable about optimizing and troubleshooting all components of the NSX environment.

Finally, the candidate should possess an understanding of Windows desktop administration, including Active Directory, group policy, DNS, and DHCP

For the VCIX-NV exam purpose, do we need to know non NSX components as per above and also involve in some exam tasks to work on non NSX devices directly such as  ESXi console, windows desktop (VM guest) command prompt, Windows AD, etc?

I also heard few people in forum saying exam experience was pretty bad in term of connection speed. Can we mitigate this or this issue is normal for non US testing centre?

regards,

Robin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bsalek
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Let me start with the easy one...the exam pod performance is always a potential issue because of the shared resources in the nested environment. They are always working to optimize the pod configuration and the resources available. The intent is to ensure the pod performance does not affect your results, but the amount of content on the exam does not allow for much "pondering" time.

To the non-NSX question, we are not testing/scoring on those technologies, but realistically, since this is an implementation exam, you will be required to know basic administration of these technologies. For example, creation/configuration of a Distributed Switch is not an NSX task, but absolutely necessary to implement NSX. Likewise, basic Windows admin tasks such as DNS and AD, are critical to the successful implementation of NSX. We tried to provide enough detail in the exam blueprint to guide you, but didn't want to provide a laundry list of specific tasks. If you are really ready to be an NSX Implementation Expert, you should not have any problems.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
windfall
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Salek.

0 Kudos
jacobsmith14
Contributor
Contributor

Are you looking to take the exam based off of NSX 6.1?  I had thought an updated exam was imminent, or at least the VCAP NV Deploy version would be available.  Does anyone know anything about these tests? I do not want to take an exam based off of what is becoming a fairly outdated version.

0 Kudos