VMware Networking Community
Albertohache
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP-NV Deploy on NSX-T

Hi everyone,

I'm quite sure I saw the current VCAP-NV deploy exam based on NSX-V 6.4 was retiring the 30th of November, but can't see the announcement now.

My question is, does anyone know if the new one on NSX-T will be released this year? I assume it won't since the old one is not retiring yet, but maybe someone here has better contacts.

Thanks!

Alberto H.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

As per the exam guide over here (https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcap6-nv-deploy-exam.html)

It is recommended that candidates have the knowledge and skills necessary to install,
configure and administer a VMware NSX 6.x environment before taking the VCAP6-NV
Exam. While there is no course requirement, VMware recommends that candidates
complete an NSX specific, lab-intensive course such as the VMware NSX Troubleshooting
and Operations [V6.2] course. It is recommended that the candidate utilize these courses
and/or other materials where needed to provide background information on the objectives
in the exam.

I know there is a NSX-T exam path, since some of my peers took it.
But I'm not sure what it is

Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

The exam withdrawal date was postponed to December 31, 2020

See page n°1 of the attached file

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
Albertohache
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Nacho,

right now the only way to get the VCIX-NV is with the VCAP-NV Design 2020 (only available for NSX-T) and the VCAP-NV Deploy 2020 passing the VCAP6-NV Deploy exam available only in NSX-V. Having more experience with -T environments I wanted to pass the deploy exam with the newer version.

However, I asked certification@vmware.com and confirmed no date is known yet as to when the new deploy exam will be released.

So I'll have to wait 🙂

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Yeah, I though so.
IMHO, VCAP-NV deploy is difficult (I passed it a few years ago, but failed it on the first attempt)
Not only you need to know what you are doing, you need to ver very clear with GUI, CLI and API calls.
Also as it is metered, don't loose time in anything.

Another thing, as I'm based in Argentina and the exam is on a remote server somewhere latency has a real negative effect.
Please keep that in mind

I used VMware HOL's to train.