VMware Networking Community
JayLittleOcean
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCA6-NV Certification Question.

So I recently took the VMware VCA6-NV Certification Exam for NSX Network Virtualization and failed twice.  I went through a week of studying and came across some question that I know for a fact were not covered within the recommended online free training course.  The exam even asked question to unrelated certification paths based on VMware VDI solutions.  Wondering if anyone else ran into the same weirdness?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NealeC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have passed VCP-DCV4/5/6, VCA-NV VCP6-NV and VCIX6-NV and I failed VCAP-DCA5 a couple of years back.

That's not to show off but to point to having a some of experience with VMWare exams.

The VCAs are atrocious.  I can't gloss over it any more than that.

I have also taken and failed the VCA6-NV (after passing VCP and VCIX for NV and the VCA-NV the previous year...with the minimum 300 mark)

The other VCAs are no better.  A jumbled mix of sales/technical and topics which are part of other tracks (e.g. CMA or Hybrid).

I had a voucher and am a completionist, that's the only reason I did VCA6-NV after already having VCA-NV.

I wouldn't spend £80-£100 of my own or my company's money on a VCA.

VCP's and VCAP/VCIX's? 

Wonderful and I highly recommend them (albeit with the initial £2k outlay for a qualifying ICM course)

-------------- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Chris Neale VCIX6-NV;vExpert2014-17;VCP6-NV;VCP5-DCV;VCP4;VCA-NV;VCA-DCV;VTSP2015;VTSP5;VTSP4 http://www.chrisneale.org http://www.twitter.com/mrcneale

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NealeC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have passed VCP-DCV4/5/6, VCA-NV VCP6-NV and VCIX6-NV and I failed VCAP-DCA5 a couple of years back.

That's not to show off but to point to having a some of experience with VMWare exams.

The VCAs are atrocious.  I can't gloss over it any more than that.

I have also taken and failed the VCA6-NV (after passing VCP and VCIX for NV and the VCA-NV the previous year...with the minimum 300 mark)

The other VCAs are no better.  A jumbled mix of sales/technical and topics which are part of other tracks (e.g. CMA or Hybrid).

I had a voucher and am a completionist, that's the only reason I did VCA6-NV after already having VCA-NV.

I wouldn't spend £80-£100 of my own or my company's money on a VCA.

VCP's and VCAP/VCIX's? 

Wonderful and I highly recommend them (albeit with the initial £2k outlay for a qualifying ICM course)

-------------- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Chris Neale VCIX6-NV;vExpert2014-17;VCP6-NV;VCP5-DCV;VCP4;VCA-NV;VCA-DCV;VTSP2015;VTSP5;VTSP4 http://www.chrisneale.org http://www.twitter.com/mrcneale
0 Kudos
JayLittleOcean
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I appreciate the feedback.  I honestly thought I was the only one loosing my mind.  I personally cannot wait to take the professional level courses.  But the requirement of having to take an official training class before actually being able to be recognized in passing the exam sucks for the most part.

0 Kudos
JBeca
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm thinking to take this exam to start with VMware technologies and I enrolled myself to this online course. Do you think is enough to study. Do you recommend any books and other things to read?

0 Kudos
JayLittleOcean
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't think its enough to study.  I actually have taken the online course offered free by VMware using the link under recommended study.  I have a case open with the VMware Certification Advocates because the specifically ask questions on the exam that are not covered on the training and just yesterday I found a completely different VCA6-NV training course on a different portion of the VMware website labeled 2016 so I'm going through that now.  But I'm hoping VMware will do the right thin and provide me with vouchers for the exams I failed due to the incorrect coursework breing published.

0 Kudos
JBeca
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah, i'll try to study with others sources also. Let's see. thanks and good luck Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
JayLittleOcean
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Your welcome.  Good luck to you as well.  Also I hear pricing for the professional level classes is due to increase shortly.

0 Kudos