VMware Networking Community
abruggemanNL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Using display filter in DFW unintentionally removes rules!

We experienced an unpleasant surprise, while applying a filter on the distributed firewall rule set to find specific rules. When editing rules while you have a filter, and publishing them, the rules that were filtered out are deleted!

Isn't this supposed to be a display filter? It seems like a bug to me! We use NSX 6.2

Has anyone experienced this?

Albert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
DaleCoghlan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
ajmats
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Dale,

thanks for the advise. I had the same issue and have upgraded to version 6.2.2. It sure has fixed the problem. But now we face other issues.

Hope you may be able to help us.

1) I am not able to edit any rule which I have filtered. And since we have numerous rules in our environment under different sections its become really difficult to scroll through our rules and find there rule we need to edit.

the only option that it allows to edit when the filter is applied is the enable rule check mark. Other than that all other fields are locked down.

2)Also is there a way to search for a section? We do have a rule name filter but i can't find how to search for a section.

3) Also when i add a new rule in a section below, the page jumps to the first line of the configuration. Making it difficult to scroll through the numerous rules we have to identify the new rule I am trying to create under the section.

4) Is there a way to move sections quicker than just one line/step at a time?

5) We have maxed out the resources for NSX and still when we try to export configuration it takes 30 minutes. is this normal ?

we still see more configuration to be added in the near future. Will that mean the time that it takes will become even more?

6) Is there a way to convert the XML file into excel. I have tried different types of converters but the content always gets jumbled.

Would hope to hear from you and other experts.

Best Regards,

Aj

0 Kudos
ajmats
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Dale,

I see a reply in my inbox from you. But I am not able to open the same.

It gives an error "this message cannot be displayed"

Can you please resend the same.

Best Regards,

Aj

0 Kudos