VMware Networking Community
rajvcp
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to power on UserVMs, where NSX Guest Introspection agent VMs deployed on the local datastore on the server and after the server reboot. It errors "Power on Failures: All required agent virtual machines are not currently deployed on host 'hostname'

1) Deployed NSX Manager on vVol Datastore and configured with vCenter Server (Results: Networking & Security option under menu)

2) Deployed NSX Controllers cluster (3 of them) on vVol Datastore (Results: 3 node controller cluster is up and running)

3) Put one of the User VM which is deployed on local datastore and excluded list from NSX firewall (Results: Out of layer 3 firewall rules)

4) Did Host Preparation where it will install esx-nsxv installs (Results: Installed esx-nsxv installed)

5) Configured Segments(VNI: 5000 – 7999)

6) Configure VXLAN using VTEP Pool IP address ( Results: VTEP IP addresses are ping)

7) Created Transport zone (Results: Succeeded)

😎 Create few logical switches (Result: Succeeded and virtualwires are created)

9) Created Guest-Intro-Pool1 with two IPaddresses for Guest Introspection deployment

10) From vCenter Server side, on each ESXi Server Cluster ESXi host configure Agent VM Settings: Datastore to point local datastore(Private Datastore)

11) Deployed Guest Introspection from NSX (Networking & Security from vCenter Server menu).  (Results: Successfully deployed Guest Instrospection VM on each ESXi host)

12) Perfromed the following scenario

a. Entered master ESXi node into Maintanance Mode

b. Entered slave ESXi node into Maintanance Mode and powered of NSX Manager, NSX Controllers VMs

c. Exited one of ESXi node from Maintanance Mode (Guest Introspection agent VM back online)

d. When I try to power on User VM(deployed on local datastore), it fails to come up with the error Power on Failures: All required agent virtual machines are not currently deployed on host 'hostname'.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I've found only one usuful thing:

vCenter Server was unable to find a suitable host to power on the following virtual machines for the reasons listed below

- All required agent virtual machines are not currently deployed on host 'hostname'

1. Restart the hostd processes on the affected ESXi host by running this command:/etc/init.d/hostd restart
  2. Restart the vCenter Agent processes on the affected ESXi host by running this command:/etc/init.d/vpxa restart

Could you check that?

0 Kudos
rajvcp
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response. I tried both the commands as suggested. It didn't help. Still I couldn't power on User VMs.

0 Kudos
Chromeronin1
Contributor
Contributor

Was this ever resolved? I appear to be having the same issues.

vCenter 6.5

ESXi Hosts 6.5.0, 15177306

Add-Ons:

NSX-V

TrendMicro deep Security

RecoverPoint for Virtual machines

0 Kudos
easgeirs77
Contributor
Contributor

i am having the same issue here.  we had put a host into maintenance mode (first evacuated all guest systems, except the deepsec vm and the guest introspection vm which we just powered down.  After successfully putting host into maint mode, then rebooting it, everything came up fine and we are able to move guest systems back onto this host from other hosts.  Only issue is that I cannot power on the guest introspection driver vm and the deep security vm.  Get the same error msg as original poster.  vsphere is 6.0.  Looking for additional suggestions.  Thx.

0 Kudos