VMware Networking Community
orddie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to install Advanced Load Balancer Controller VM configuration failed.

orddie_1-1649083445884.png

what you see above is all I get when trying to install advanced load balancer.  What logs can I look at to see where my issue?

8 Replies
nnabelle
Contributor
Contributor

@orddie wrote:

orddie_1-1649083445884.png

what you see above is all I get when trying to install advanced load balancer.  What logs can I look at to see where my issue?

Verify the vCenter credentials.
Verify the network connectivity between the Avi Controller and the vCenter.
Verify no intervening infrastructure prevents Avi Controllers from accessing the desired ESXi hosts over port 443

ePayitonline

0 Kudos
orddie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

confirmed all of this. the OVA actually deploys, and I can login to the device via SSH and web UI using the configuration I set during install. 

I never went through the configuration within the UI as I was of the understanding that when you deploy via the NSX-T UI, this is done for you.

0 Kudos
kompanets
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same issue. Have you found a solution?

0 Kudos
orddie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its currently a bug.  wont work until next release.

0 Kudos
kompanets
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a workaround? (and maybe you know the root cause of the bug)

Do you know the implications of using NSX-T and NSX ALB without native integration? (maybe there are some restrictions in the functionality or will be problems in the future)

0 Kudos
benlooy
Contributor
Contributor

Currently having the same issue on 3.2.0.1.0.19232594.

0 Kudos
vigneshp2
Contributor
Contributor

got any resolution for this issue

0 Kudos
jason_dvorak
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone is still dealing with this I've had some luck following the procedure at the following:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/89144

I initially had issues after I deleted the first controller that was deployed and tried re-deploying it.  Once I manually cleaned up the ALB endpoint from an NSX manager, I was able to successfully re-deploy the Advanced Load Balancer using NSX.

One thing to note here.  I also got those error messages when deploying the second and third controllers required for a cluster.  I was able to follow the same steps to clean up the ALB endpoint and then was successfully able to deploy the additional controllers.  The cluster reports that it is stable and all nodes are reporting up in NSX.  However, when I query for the ALB endpoint from NSX manager I don't see any reference to it at all anymore.  I don't know what kind of issues this may cause down the road.  If anyone has some additional information on whether this is good/bad/irrelevant I would be glad to hear it.

0 Kudos