VMware Networking Community
tim7433
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to complete deployment of Guest Introspection

This is the first time we have deployed NSX in our enviroment so we started on our test network. We are transitioning from vShield with McAfee MOVE to NSX with MOVE.

The issue that we ran into happened post installation during the GI install.
Networking & Security > Installation and Upgrade > Service Deployment > "Error - EAM service not started"

I went to the Vcenter VM and started that service. it was listed as manual so I changed it to automatic. waited about 5 mins and the EAM service was green.

Continued to Service Deployment > Add > Selected Guest introspection > Next > Select Clusters > Datacenter

At this point the datacenter selected was defaulted to "New Datacenter" so i changed it to our Datacenter and thats where no entries where displayed. I am unable to proceed on the installation and could use some help getting past this point.

FYI, we are only trying to install and run the agentless AV from mcaffe and the required VmWare products for that to function properly.

vCenter 6.0 U3

NSX 6.4.3

McAfee ePO 5.10

MOVE 4.8

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
vLingle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

tim7433​,

If not already make sure you are following https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-for-vSphere/6.2/nsx_62_upgrade_endpoint.pdf

Have you verified your esxi hosts are on a supported version VMware Product Interoperability Matrices ?  And while you are at it VMware Compatibility Guide - Networking and Security for Mcafee?

Please KUDO helpful posts and mark the thread as solved if answered.

Regards,
Jeffrey Lingle
0 Kudos
tim7433
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I followed the proper guides for the upgrade process. none of those link you provided added anything to a possible solution as of yet.

0 Kudos
vLingle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

tim7433​,

What esxi version are your hosts on?

For the hosts in question please run and provide the results for the below...

esxcli software vib get --vibname esx-vxlan

esxcli software vib get --vibname esx-vsip

esxcli software vib get --vibname epsec-mux

If not present, make you sure to confirm this pre-req...

If VUM is in use in the environment, ensure that the bypassVumEnabled flag is set to true in vCenter. This setting configures the EAM to install the VIBs directly to the ESXi hosts even when the VUM is installed and/or not available. See http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2053782.

Regards,
Jeffrey Lingle
0 Kudos
tim7433
Contributor
Contributor

all three of those returned no matching vib.
the KB sent me to the EAM/MOB and It is showing under Properties>Value> Unset

ESXi is 6.0 U3

0 Kudos
tim7433
Contributor
Contributor

vLingle

scan eam.jpg

0 Kudos
vLingle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

tim7433​,

Since you are esxi 6.0 U3 that KB no longer applies.  Can you send a screen shot of the service deployments page?  Also, did you delete the old vShield Endpoint?

Regards,
Jeffrey Lingle
0 Kudos
tim7433
Contributor
Contributor

vLingle

yes the vshield endpoints have been deleted. here is the screencap. there are no services and the eam status is green because I went into the windows vcenter and changed the service from manual to auto.

servdeployment.PNG

0 Kudos
vLingle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

tim7433​,

I'm only familiar with the process when you have not deleted the vshield endpoints and you are presented with the option to "upgrade" them.  Have you worked with support, they may have a workaround?

Regards,
Jeffrey Lingle
0 Kudos