VMware Networking Community
TitoDz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to add domain to NSX Manager

Hi,

I am trying to add a domain to the NSX Manager, but I get the error below.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Domain Controller: 10.1.52.30

Domain Name: home.local (this is a lab)

AD Service Account: nsx_svc (has read permissions in the domain)

According to this KB 2100289, a 52e error is invalid credentials, but I know I am not typing the password wrong. I have tried both format for the username: home\nsx_svc and nsx_svc@home.local. Time is in sync between the NSX Manager and the Domain Controller. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

use nsx_svc.  this wizard automatically appends the domain.

0 Kudos
TitoDz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tried using only the username with no domain. Still, same issue.

0 Kudos
VijaySendhur
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sometimes the DSID error shows that simple bind fails. Please take a look at our whitepaper. Please take also a look at: C:\Program Files\VMware\Orchestrator\configuration\jetty\logs\vco-configuration and search for the ldap operation. If there is an handshake failed error you can use the workaround of the white paper.

0 Kudos
dhanarajramesh

try to use dns suffix of your domain name ( lab.corpdir.net)  and use any one of your domain server host name

0 Kudos
TitoDz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am using a Server 2012 R2 DC, and the Domain GPO is already configured with "None" for the "Domain Controller: LDAP server signing requirements" policy. The log you mentioned does not exist on my system (in this case, vCenter).

0 Kudos
TitoDz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tried it. No luck.

0 Kudos
shaefner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I assume you are using 6.1.x, this was an issue with the product in those versions.

NSX Manager Resolved Issues

• Add Domain shows error at LDAP option with Use Domain Credentials
    In NSX 6.1.x, the user when trying to add an LDAP domain, the web client gave a User Name was not specified error, even when Username was provided in UI. This has been fixed in NSX 6.2.0.

This has been fixed in NSX 6.2.0.

Check out http://stevehaefner.com #runnsx
0 Kudos
TitoDz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am running NSX 6.2.0. I was getting the same error in NSX 6.1.x.

0 Kudos