VMware Networking Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Tunnel Status

Hi,

I am a new NSX-T user.

I have a cluster contains 3 transport nodes. From NSX-T manager I can see from the tunnel status 2 Remote Transport Node only not the 3 nodes in the cluster. Is that a correct status ?

looks like that:

pastedImage_0.png

The Second Node

pastedImage_1.png

the third node

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ok, that window is showing VMs on the given transport node which are currently utilizing the overlay in some fashion (i.e., connected to a logical switch). The transport nodes that don't show any connected tunnels aren't running any VMs that need to tunnel their traffic. You can test by going to a transport node which shows no connected tunnels, and perform a vMotion from another host onto it. Wait 5 minutes and refresh the UI. You should now see something show up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First of all, what version of NSX-T and where are you taking these screenshots from? I can't find those images in a 2.3 or 2.4 environment.

It looks like you have one host with no connections to the other transport nodes. Is it prepared? Need more info.

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks

NSX-T version 2.4 . I toke those images from System->Nodes-> then double on the host (Transport node) -> Monitor -> Tunnel Status .

All Hosts are prepared

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ok, that window is showing VMs on the given transport node which are currently utilizing the overlay in some fashion (i.e., connected to a logical switch). The transport nodes that don't show any connected tunnels aren't running any VMs that need to tunnel their traffic. You can test by going to a transport node which shows no connected tunnels, and perform a vMotion from another host onto it. Wait 5 minutes and refresh the UI. You should now see something show up.

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks .

5 minnutes  is the min syn time between NSX and vCenter ? Can I change the time sync if my assumption is correct ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm not saying the sync time is exactly 5 minutes. I'm also not suggesting you can change it. Why would you assume that's possible?

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos