VMware Networking Community
hcxypku1985
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The virtual machine on the NSX Logical switch can not communicate

Hi all:

My  logical switch has been created and two virtual machines have been added, virtual machine network  are also connected to the corresponding distributed port group, but the two virtual machine Ping unreasonable. Two virtual machines can resolve their MAC, the firewall is closed at both ends .Who can tell me why.

thanks  a  lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
showard1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Couple of things:

1.     Try running a traceflow between the vnics of the two VMs involved.  This should show you where the breakdown is happening.  It might be a DFW rule or VTEP can't talk for some reason.

2.     Its possible that the netcpa service is hung on the host.  This is the process that talks to the controllers.  SSH to the hosts involved and issue the following command:

/etc/init.d/netcpad restart

View solution in original post

4 Replies
prangi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Faced the similar issue in my test environment. If possible try rebooting NSX Controller one by one. Hope that fix the issue.

0 Kudos
showard1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Couple of things:

1.     Try running a traceflow between the vnics of the two VMs involved.  This should show you where the breakdown is happening.  It might be a DFW rule or VTEP can't talk for some reason.

2.     Its possible that the netcpa service is hung on the host.  This is the process that talks to the controllers.  SSH to the hosts involved and issue the following command:

/etc/init.d/netcpad restart

hcxypku1985
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks.This method is certainly like to restart I already tried it.

0 Kudos
hcxypku1985
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much.The cause of the problem is than  VTEP can't talk.

0 Kudos