VMware Networking Community
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Logical Router is not highly available

Hey Gang,

I'm working with NSX and VROPS PAK -- it's amazing.  It's helped me to identify many issues that I have been able to remediate; however, I'm running into this one alert that I can't quite figure out.

Alert Name: The Logical Router is not highly available.

Description: The Logical Router is not highly available, which may result in network outages.

Recommendations: Very that the VMs are running on different hosts.

Other Recommendations: Verify that both VMs are running.

What is Causing the issue?  LDR_NAME has symptom All of the control VMs are powered off  :: Misconfigured= Misconfigured

Here is where I'm at a loss:  The VM's are on different hosts.  If I console into the LDR's execute a: show service highavailability everything is good.  The services are running the nodes are talking to each other.  Everything is perfect.

I would like to know if anyone else has ran into this issue or if it's just a bug in the PAK file.  If it is I have no problem tuning it out; however, this feels like an important alert where I have missed something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Gang,

This is super interesting - The Logical Router is not highly available has disappeared and has been replaced with A duplicate IP address was found for one or more physical NICs on this host

With a little PowerCLI I have been able to track this down to our IP's for NSX HA on my DLR's and VMKernels for my McAfee Move deployment.  Even with the NIC's being on different virtual distributed switches would this create this type of symptom?

Please let me know your thoughts.

0 Kudos