VMware Networking Community
emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Supportability of SSL VPN-Plus Mac Client in macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hi there. Ive updated to macOS 11.0 Big Sur beta 5 and the SSL VPN-Plus Mac Client that (finally) worked on Catalina, now doesn't work anymore on BigSur.

Tried reinstalling and same results.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 18.41.15.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
39 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello emanuelmatiaspe​,

As you can see here the Mac OS Big Sur is not supported for installing the client: SSL VPN-Plus Overview https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-Data-Center-for-vSphere/6.4/com.vmware.nsx.admin.doc/GUID-160E...

0 Kudos
emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello! Thank you for your answer.

Actually that link is 1+ year outdated. Im using SSL VPN-Plus Mac Client in macOS 10.15 Catalina, thanks to this recent patch> https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76023

How can I contact VMware Support to inform this NEW issue with macOS 11.0 Big Sur?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I doubt any VMware product will properly support Big Sur til it is finally released as MacOS 11, the changes between the various beta versions are a bit of a moving target... (check the Fusion area of VMTN and you’ll see evidence of that)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any news on this?

macOS 11.0 is coming soon.

0 Kudos
emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Response from Official Support:

Hi Claudia,

My name is Carlos from the NSX group, I am reviewing your case in relation to macOS 11.0 Big Sur and NSX SSL VPN-Plus Mac Client not working.

At this time we do not have information or compatibility results for this version of macOS BigSur.

The product is in beta version, if there are any results it would be until the launch and if it is compatible or have an option to make them work, it will be communicated through a similar KB as it was done with macOS Catalina.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Carlos Esquivel

Technical Support Engineer

[Additional name and email address removed by moderator]

0 Kudos
emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello There. macOS 11.0 Big Sur is not in beta anymore. any news about supportability of SSL VPN-Plus Mac Client in macOS 11.0 Big Sur? Thanks.

0 Kudos
nboukerma-nxt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

It's now working with Sig Sur update 11.1 

0 Kudos
yonus_kula
Contributor
Contributor

Unfotunatelyi After upgrading mac big sur 11.1 , I still have this problem.

0 Kudos
nboukerma-nxt
Contributor
Contributor

Can you post error in logs? 

0 Kudos
emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there. Did you tried this installer? https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76023

Im on Catalina waiting confirmations. Thanks.

0 Kudos
nboukerma-nxt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm running 6.4.6 version on my MacBook pro (2018 version) under BigSur 11.1

I'll be glad to help you. 

I'm thinking about a test with new aws instance of BigSur images. 

Keep you u in touch. 

0 Kudos
yonus_kula
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @nboukerma-nxt  Log is from /var/logs/install.log
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 installd[1788]: PackageKit: Cleared responsibility for install from 22716.
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 installd[1788]: PackageKit: Cleared permissions on Installer.app
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 installd[1788]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “SSLVPN-Plus Client.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/ykula/Downloads/mac_phat_client%205/SSLVPN-Plus%20Client.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.vmware.sslvpn, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “SSLVPN-Plus Client.pkg”.} {
NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cSSLVPN-Plus Client.pkg\U201d.";
NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/ykula/Downloads/mac_phat_client%205/SSLVPN-Plus%20Client.pkg";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.vmware.sslvpn";
}
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 installd[1788]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 Installer[22716]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “SSLVPN-Plus Client.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/ykula/Downloads/mac_phat_client%205/SSLVPN-Plus%20Client.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.vmware.sslvpn, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “SSLVPN-Plus Client.pkg”.}
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 installd[1788]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=22716, uid=501 (/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer)
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 installd[1788]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 Installer[22716]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 Installer[22716]: IFDInstallController 37DACE0 state = 8
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 Installer[22716]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
2020-12-20 00:07:29+03 MACBOOKs-MacBook-Pro-2 Installer[22716]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.
0 Kudos
hsanchali
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Good Day!

Could you please let me know how did it work for you with Big Sur 11.1, MAC OS for NSX -V? what is the NSX version?

0 Kudos
HebaNageh
Contributor
Contributor

Good Evening 

I think Big Sur not support Applications 32-bit any more

0 Kudos
Hudai
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

Is there any news about supportability ?

emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Still waiting for VMware. Tried to install the 6.4.6 installer but no luck. Disabling SIP didn't work either.

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=NSXV_646&productId=417&rPId=38436

0 Kudos
emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you share the step-by-step instructions?

I tried 6.4.6 but no luck. Disabled SIP and didn't help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
bupson_eti
Contributor
Contributor

Seems to be related to security changes in Big Sur where kext installation requires approval via System Prefs to load. The timing of the prompt and the install script look like the issue.

I'm running Big Sur 11.2.1, and got it working by running the installer as root. From a Terminal window, run:

sudo installer -pkg SSLVPN-Plus\ Client.pkg -target /

emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there! Thanks for your help.

Tried running that command, and Im getting same Kext alert (macOS Big Sur 11.2.1)

And there is no prompt in Security Settings (previously I have allowed it in my first try)

there is a way to "reset" that security prompt? in order to ask me again to allow it?

emanuel@Emanuels-MacBook ~ % installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “SSLVPN-Plus Client.pkg”.)

thanks.

0 Kudos