VMware Networking Community
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Sequence to shutdown NSX Components

Dear Team,

I would like to know what sequence we have to follow to shutdown and startup sequence for all NSX components, please asisst

NSX-MGMR-1

NSX-MGMR-2

NSX-MGMR-3

Edge-1

Edge-2

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
engyak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't see any official shutdown sequence in the VCF or NSX docs, but my process for the shutdown has always been:

1. Edges
  2. Non-Primary Managers
  3. Primary Manager

And startup:

1. First NSX-T manager, wait until the startup is fully complete and the GUI is available
  2. Next 2 Managers
  3. Edges

From what I've seen breaking this process, NSX-T has been pretty tolerant when violating this order. Edges seem to run "fine" for a while without manager connectivity as long as nothing else changes (DRS manual!) and Quorum seems to function well on the NSX managers even when mismatched startup times are used.

It's a pretty durable platform all things considered, but if you're feeling risk-averse I'd recommend this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
engyak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't see any official shutdown sequence in the VCF or NSX docs, but my process for the shutdown has always been:

1. Edges
  2. Non-Primary Managers
  3. Primary Manager

And startup:

1. First NSX-T manager, wait until the startup is fully complete and the GUI is available
  2. Next 2 Managers
  3. Edges

From what I've seen breaking this process, NSX-T has been pretty tolerant when violating this order. Edges seem to run "fine" for a while without manager connectivity as long as nothing else changes (DRS manual!) and Quorum seems to function well on the NSX managers even when mismatched startup times are used.

It's a pretty durable platform all things considered, but if you're feeling risk-averse I'd recommend this.

0 Kudos
SandeepMan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi ,

Refer this KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2139067 it will help you.