VMware Networking Community
emanuelmatiaspe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SSL VPN Client (naclient) is not ready for macOS 10.15 Catalina (only 64-bit apps are supported)

Hello there. When we update to macOS 10.15 Catalina, SSL VPN Client (naclient) will stop working. Do you know how we can keep using it?

Tags (1)
6 Replies
rgacote
Contributor
Contributor

10.15 is now officially out and upgrades are starting.

Is there an ETA on a 64-bit naclient?

Nick_Andreev
Expert
Expert

Unfortunately, it's against vendor policies to commit to any ETAs. But I would be expecting this issue to be resolved in future NSX-V releases.

---
If you found my answers helpful please consider marking them as helpful or correct.
VCIX-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCAP-CMA | vExpert '16, '17, '18
Blog: http://niktips.wordpress.com | Twitter: @nick_andreev_au
zunnyhh
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know if there is any work around available in order to connect to the Edge SSL VPN without using NAclient until that gets updated?

0 Kudos
carlaron
Contributor
Contributor

It's been about a month now since Catalina was released ... and VmWare had plenty of warning before... This is really pathetic, VmWare.... and they can't even make a guess when they'll fix it. I guess they don't see Mac clients as important to their business.

If I had the choice, I'd never use VmWare for anything again, but our data center uses their VPN with this proprietary client, and there is no other way to get in.

Most of our developers shut off Mac auto-upgrades before it was too late, but one now has to run Linux in a VirtualBox (not going to use VmWare for anything) guest machine, share his working directory to the guest OS, and run naclient inside the guest, in order to be able to push his work to our secure repo.

That is a very awkward workaround, and he had to fight with it over file permissions between the host OS and the guest OS in both directions.

zunnyhh
Contributor
Contributor

Ughh..

We run a tenant vDC and most of the users are not really tech savy at all, so it's not possible to use a 3rd party client to VPN into the NSX?

Using virtual box and all that seems a little bit out of scope for this one user that was hasty enough to update his OS..

0 Kudos
rgacote
Contributor
Contributor

Just found this link to a reported 64-bit version.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos