VMware Networking Community
hardshah4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Register NSX with Vcenter

Hi All,

I am very new to vmware. Please provide me instructions to register NSX with Vcenter.

Regards,

HS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kisan_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Follow the steps to register NSX with vCenter.

Register vCenter Server with NSX Manager

You must login to the NSX Manager virtual appliance to register a vCenter Server and review the settings specified during installation.

You must have a vCenter Server user account with administrative access to synchronize NSX Manager with the vCenter Server . If your vCenter password has non-Ascii characters, you must change it before synchronizing the NSX Manager with the vCenter Server.

To use SSO on NSX Manager, you must have vCenter Server 5.5 or later and single sign on service must be installed on the vCenter Server.

Under Appliance Management, click Manage Appliance Settings.

From the left panel, select NSX Management Service and click Configure next to vCenter Server.

Type the IP address of the vCenter Server.

Type the vCenter Server user name and password.

Click OK.

Confirm that the vCenter Server status is Connected.

Login to the vSphere Web Client and click the Networking & Security tab. You can now install and configure NSX components.

VMware recommends that you schedule a backup of NSX Manager data right after installing NSX Manager. See NSX Administration Guide.

Follow the KB for more information.

VMware NSX vSphere 61 Documentation Center

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kisan_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Follow the steps to register NSX with vCenter.

Register vCenter Server with NSX Manager

You must login to the NSX Manager virtual appliance to register a vCenter Server and review the settings specified during installation.

You must have a vCenter Server user account with administrative access to synchronize NSX Manager with the vCenter Server . If your vCenter password has non-Ascii characters, you must change it before synchronizing the NSX Manager with the vCenter Server.

To use SSO on NSX Manager, you must have vCenter Server 5.5 or later and single sign on service must be installed on the vCenter Server.

Under Appliance Management, click Manage Appliance Settings.

From the left panel, select NSX Management Service and click Configure next to vCenter Server.

Type the IP address of the vCenter Server.

Type the vCenter Server user name and password.

Click OK.

Confirm that the vCenter Server status is Connected.

Login to the vSphere Web Client and click the Networking & Security tab. You can now install and configure NSX components.

VMware recommends that you schedule a backup of NSX Manager data right after installing NSX Manager. See NSX Administration Guide.

Follow the KB for more information.

VMware NSX vSphere 61 Documentation Center

0 Kudos
i1wan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have recorded this in this video:

Please let me know if you have any other questions ...

0 Kudos
zhangmeng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi i1wan,

I tried the exactly same steps as you showed but I can't see "network & security" tab in vcenter web client even I logout and login again.

1. the time on vcenter server and nsx is the same:

vcenter server time:

localhost:~ # date

Tue Jun 14 13:55:35 UTC 2016

NSX time:

vc-nsx-180> show clock

Tue Jun 14 13:55:33 UTC 2016

2. all service is running on NSX:

1.png

3. NSX has regiestered to lookup service and Vcenter correctly:

2.png

but I can find "network & security" tab in vcenter web client even I logout and login again:

3.png

I'm so confused with that result because I did every step as the VMware doc said and has all service work fine.

BTW, i'm using VMware-NSX-Manager-6.1.2-2318232 and VMware-VCSA-all-6.0.0-3634788.

Is there's compatibility issue there?

Thanks in advance,

Please save me , god!

Mike

0 Kudos
zhangmeng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PS. I have restart vcenter and NSX and "NSX Management Service" of NSX several times, it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

Do you login in web client with sso login and password?

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The plug-in will not show up.  NSX 6.1.2 is not supported with vCenter 6.0.  Support for vCenter 6.0 begins with 6.1.3.  A screenshot from the product interoperability matrix is shown below:

Support.JPG

0 Kudos
zhangmeng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi  Iarsonm,

Great, you're my hero.

With NSX Manager 6.2.2, everything is fine now.

Thanks very much.

Mike

0 Kudos