VMware Networking Community
kachopr
Contributor
Contributor

REG: LDR deployment in NSX

I have created very basic setup . I am running the NSX version 6.2 and Vcenter version 6.0 with Esxi hosts 5.5

But I am not getting the LDR connectivity with edge gateway. LDR is not able to communicate with any of the connected devices with edge gateway or VM Machines connected through Logical Switches. I am running evaluation license.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are VM's on one logical switch able to communicate with VMs on another logical switch (assuming they are both connected to the DLR)?

Does a route exist on the router outside of the NSX overlay pointing traffic with destinations inside the overlay to the external interface of the ESG?

Does the DLR have routes configured so it knows where to send traffic with destinations outside of the overlay?

Does the ESG have the routes necessary so it knows where to send traffic?

0 Kudos
Javel1n
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you do this at lab with physical switch? if yes, are mtu at switch already 1600

ssh to esxi host, and insert this command :

esxcli network ip connection list | grep 1234

- are there any connection from this port?

esxcli network vswitch dvs vmware vxlan network list --vds-name=(YOUR DVS NAME THAT USE VXLAN)

- what status it got? up or down? if down procedd to next command

/etc/init.d/netcpad restart

ssh to dlr and edge and do this :

can you ping point2point between device?

make sure subnet and logical switch are correct

0 Kudos
azharsoomro
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As Javeln mentioned, start with basics. Try pinging the pt to pt link between DLR and Edge. If that works, then try pinging from a vm connected to a logical switch to Edge Interface. Check the redistribution and mtu

0 Kudos