VMware Networking Community
Lee225
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Port-Group "none" after creating NSX Edge

Hi all,

After the creation of an NSX Edge I saw that for some reason a Port-Group named "none" was created for no reason (not a distributed Port-Group).

I tried to find out how to delete it with no success.

Does anyone had the same experiance?

After i delete the NSX Edge the Port-Group is gone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smitmartijn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you sure that the Edge does not have any interfaces with that "none" port group connected to it? Did you fill up all 10 interfaces with networks? If not and there should be free interfaces, the "none" port group should be used and indeed is locked from deletion. The fact that you don't see any "none" networks on the Edge if there are free interfaces: that would be the peculiar behavior, not that the "none" port group exists and can't be deleted - that's by design.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rajeevsrikant
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

NSX DLR internal interfaces connected to "none" standard switch

Is it similar to the issue discussed in the above ?

Lee225
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi rajeevsrikant,

This is not my problem, I actually don't have any issue with this Port-Group as none of the Edge interfaces are connecting to it.

I wanted to know what is the reason for the creation of this Port-Group, one of the comments in the post you mentioned said that this Port-Group is for the "disconnected vnics".

I don't have a way to check if is right but that makes sense.

0 Kudos
cnrz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It may be by design, as by default these interfaces are created for connecting to other Edges or Physical Network Vlans. It could be thought as similar to a router with 12 Physical interfaces (vnics are created by the Edge virtual appliance while provisioning)

0 Kudos
smitmartijn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you sure that the Edge does not have any interfaces with that "none" port group connected to it? Did you fill up all 10 interfaces with networks? If not and there should be free interfaces, the "none" port group should be used and indeed is locked from deletion. The fact that you don't see any "none" networks on the Edge if there are free interfaces: that would be the peculiar behavior, not that the "none" port group exists and can't be deleted - that's by design.

0 Kudos
Lee225
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi smitmartijn,

Yes Im sure that there is no vnic on the NSX Edge that are connecting to the "none" pg, I have only 3 vnics conneted on the Edge, all the rest are disconnected.Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos