VMware Networking Community
nikilazio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Please help me to change Uplink IP on NSX Edge

Hy everybody..i need to change IP add ( previously set )on the Up link NSX Edge interface..but the response was " Invalid local ip add " xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.(previous address) " :Local ip address must be assigned to an uplink vni"

I tried to delete int and so on..but without result

Plwase hepl me to follow the correct sequence to "CHANGE" the IP Address ( old e new are on different Subnet )

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grosas
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

‌You're editing the IP Address on the edge's uplink interface right?    Have you tried configuring the new IP as a secondary IP first, then deleting the original afterwards?  is there a piece of configuration (perhaps the default gateway settings) that rely on the IP address getting deleted?

If the suggestions above don't work, you should crack open the NSX manager CLI and (if version<=6.1.x show manager log follow, if >=6.2,  show log manager follow ... Capture the stack trace during the actual failure and post that.

HTH

Twitter: gabe_rosas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
grosas
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

‌You're editing the IP Address on the edge's uplink interface right?    Have you tried configuring the new IP as a secondary IP first, then deleting the original afterwards?  is there a piece of configuration (perhaps the default gateway settings) that rely on the IP address getting deleted?

If the suggestions above don't work, you should crack open the NSX manager CLI and (if version<=6.1.x show manager log follow, if >=6.2,  show log manager follow ... Capture the stack trace during the actual failure and post that.

HTH

Twitter: gabe_rosas
nikilazio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for suggestion..Correct procedure..now works fine

Thanks for coop and speed in response..

0 Kudos