VMware Networking Community
als77
Contributor
Contributor

Orphaned VDS port group after removing NSX

In my vSphere/vCenter 7.x lab, and after my NSX-T 3.1.1 Manager CORFU DB was corrupted, I opted to delete the NSX Manager and remove NSX from my transport nodes and rebuild. Everything seemed to have gone smoothly except I see an orphaned NSX Port Group on my vCenter VDS. There is no option in vCenter to "delete" it, and of course browsing to the newly installed NSX Manager is a dead end since it has no knowledge of the previous NSX Managers segments (VDS port Group).

Further, looking at the vC MOB, I note, I left a VM template in my Content Library on this segment and it still has its network defined to this DVPortgroup. Prior to removing NSX, I "removed from inventory" all of the VMs, but forgot the template and there still seems to be a hold on that DVPort due to that VM template?

How do I clean-up this orphaned NSX DV port group on vCenter?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

After changing the template's settings, the port group should disappear automatically.

André

0 Kudos
Mattie5415
Contributor
Contributor

Admittedly, removing NSX from an environment was not my first choice In my situation, the distributed switch had 10 matching port groups with the After removing the logical switches, you can see numerous vCenter tasks

0 Kudos