VMware Networking Community
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On Demand vs Classroom Training

Hello All,

I am new to vmware world and their products and once i finish their prerequisites training to attend NSX-T 2.4 ICM, i am planning to take vmware authorized training to learn NSX-T 2.4 ICM course.

but not able to decide whether i should go for classroom or on demand??

classroom  

===========

5 working days

need to take leave from office

no exam voucher

but can ask many questions to Trainer live

no classroom recording for future revision

lab access only for 5 days

whereas in On Demand

===================

30 days in length

free VCP Exam voucher

but cannot ask questions live but can query in community if required

Lab access for 30 days

not sure if on demand videos are easily understandable or not ?

can revise videos if required

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

IMHO I recommend taking the class to be more focused on it if you take the on-demand will take you longer to finish it.

+vRay
0 Kudos
Rajhere
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

INMO, Class room training are best if you have existing knowledge on how VMware Virtualization works.

if you are totally new to the VMware concepts then 5 days will be too much of load to grasp the concepts...

1. Try classroom training for good collaboration with the people and if you are quick learner it can help you.

2. On demand classes can be considered if you are ready to spend sometime to learn the concepts slowly and gradually you will grasp the concepts ..

also please check - Try VMware NSX Hands on Lab for Free | VMware

all the best for your future!!

VMware is an amazing technology and you can learn as long as you have the hunger to learn Smiley Happy all the best routing1000

0 Kudos
T180985
Expert
Expert

Ive done the NSX-T ICM on demand training and it was actually really good! Usually i would say go classroom if you can afford it but frankly the online course was well worth doing and was very engaging. More so that some others i had completed which felt painfully slow
Combined with some HoL & Home Labbing, it should be more than sufficient to get you going with NSX-T

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos