VMware Networking Community
dvino821
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OSPF - stuck in init/drother

I can't seem to get OSPF adjacency established between an ESG and an LDR. Any help is much appreciated.

- from the ESG, the output of "show ip ospf nei" shows the LDR as a neighbor, but the state is init/drother

- form the LDR, the output of "show ip ospf nei" shows nothing.

- from the ESG, the output of "debug ip ospf" shows hello packets being sent and received

- from the LDR, the output of "debug ip ospf" shows hello packets being sent, but not received.

- from the ESG, the output of "debug packet display interface vNic_1 -vv" shows the ESG (172.16.254.1) sending hello packets that include the LDR (172.16.254.2) in the neighbor list..

ESG_OSPF.PNG

- from the ESG, the output of "debug packet display interface vNic_2 -vv" shows the ESG (172.16.254.1) hello packets coming in, but adjacency is never established

LDR_OSPF.PNG

Environment:

NSX 6.1.1

ESG internal interface, the LDR uplink and the LDR management are all on the same logical switch.

OSPF: the protocol address is set LDR management IP and the forwarding address is set to the LDR uplink IP

The transport zone spans to esxi clusters

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

> LDR uplink and the LDR management are all on the same logical switch

Please remove IP address from DLR's Management interface..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GeordyKorte
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please check you firewall configuration, after that trying ping from the ESG and LDR to each other.

Geordy Korte NSBU (NSX) SE for BeNeLux and Nordics Tweet @gekort
0 Kudos
dvino821
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!

I disabled the firewall on both devices during troubleshooting. I can ping the ESG internal interface from the LDR and I can ping LDR management from ESG.

Noteworthy

- I am NOT able to ping the LDR uplink from anywhere

- When I "show interfaces" on the LDR. The management IP is listed on both vNICs that are up (not sure why, I have checked and rechecked the config).

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

> LDR uplink and the LDR management are all on the same logical switch

Please remove IP address from DLR's Management interface..

0 Kudos
dvino821
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! That fixed it.

0 Kudos