VMware Networking Community
Tarzon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nsx VTEP uplink configure

Hello Everyone,

When I configure VTEP, I get option to select dvs directly ,and not getting any option to select uplink or physical vNIC .How I can manually select uplink or physical vNIC for vteV.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vLingle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Tarzon​,

That is expected, after you complete that configuration you can assign the uplinks as Active, Standby, and Unused by going to...vSphere Web Client Networking Tab -> vDS -> newly created port group (i.e. vwx-vmknicPg-dvs.....) -> Configure -> Edit -> Teaming and Failover.

Please KUDO helpful posts and mark the thread as solved if answered.

Regards,
Jeffrey Lingle

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vLingle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Tarzon​,

That is expected, after you complete that configuration you can assign the uplinks as Active, Standby, and Unused by going to...vSphere Web Client Networking Tab -> vDS -> newly created port group (i.e. vwx-vmknicPg-dvs.....) -> Configure -> Edit -> Teaming and Failover.

Regards,
Jeffrey Lingle
Tarzon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for your quick response.

Should we have different vds for VLAN and VXLAN traffic or a single vds  is ok for this. I mean what is best approach for this.

Please clarify it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
vLingle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please review page 112 of https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/nsx/vmw-nsx-network-virtu... as this goes into this topic in more detail.

Regards,
Jeffrey Lingle
0 Kudos