VMware Networking Community
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nsx-T query

Hello All

those are running nsx-V solution and if i studied or done nsx-T certs   then still my skills of nsx-T will good for solving nsx-v issues? Since nsx-V running on vxlan and nsx-T running on geneve and totally different arch than nsx V and  i see people still doing nsx V vcap certs ,why ?           can you pls make me understand.. if nsx-T  certifications are complete suit to troubleshoot any kind of nsx architecture old or new i.e. NSX-V or T ?

Thank you..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
blazilla
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

understand the basics, the rest will follow. If you have understood networking and you have a solid knowledge in troubleshooting techniques, then you will easily learn how to troubleshoot other network-related stuff. No one will reject you because you have limited knowledge of product A, as long as you can prove that you can quickly dive into product B.

Best regards Patrick https://www.vcloudnine.de

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You should be focusing on T at this point in time. Knowledge of V is helpful, but the two different platforms work very differently.

routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello

But if i studied nsxT but if job interviews asked me about NSX V and if i dont know then will they reject me as may be they have nsx V customers??

0 Kudos
blazilla
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

understand the basics, the rest will follow. If you have understood networking and you have a solid knowledge in troubleshooting techniques, then you will easily learn how to troubleshoot other network-related stuff. No one will reject you because you have limited knowledge of product A, as long as you can prove that you can quickly dive into product B.

Best regards Patrick https://www.vcloudnine.de
0 Kudos
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hmm ok understood thank you all..

0 Kudos