VMware Networking Community
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

NSX guest introspection architecture design with DR

Hello,

We are planning to integrate our NSX environment with McAfee Move through the guest introspection service.

Below is the NSX architecture Design:

Main Site:

Vcenter Server 6.7

ESXi host 6.7

NSX Manager 6.4.3 (Primary)

McAfee EPO server with Move products and extension

DR site:

Vcenter Server 6.7

ESXi host 6.7

NSX Manager 6.4.3 (Secondary)

Our request is how can we design/implement this solution with the existence of DR site ?

Do we need to integrate McAfee EPO with the two NSX manager (Primary and Secondary)?

Does McAfee EPO understand the Primary and Secondary roles for NSX manager ?

What about redirection policies, do we need to configure them twice ?

Do we need two McAfee EPO server (one on main and second on DR) ? or just a replication for this machine to DR site ?

Please advise,

Thanks in advance,

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
1 Reply
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have a similar question time ago, so let me share what are my toughs on your questions:

Our request is how can we design/implement this solution with the existence of DR site ?

yes but will be a not "one-click button solution"

Do we need to integrate McAfee EPO with the two NSX manager (Primary and Secondary)?

2 EPOs for 2 NSX manager

Does McAfee EPO understand the Primary and Secondary roles for NSX manager ?

no EPO can be configured in DR mode

What about redirection policies, do we need to configure them twice ?

no, policies need to be share as per DR mode of EPO

Do we need two McAfee EPO server (one on main and second on DR) ? or just a replication for this machine to DR site ?

yes for DR mode in EPO, the tricky part will be sync since is not an easy task, this is a failover only not LB or such a thing,  so in addition you need to deal with MSCS and meed requirements for having that between sites, so will be a complex solution not easy to maintain.

+vRay