VMware Networking Community
mrdlnf80
Contributor
Contributor

NSX for vShield Endpoint issue

Hi All,

I am just trying NSX 6.2.3 for managing vShield Endpoint and i am facing an issue. I deployed Guest Introspection service as usual and after that i am trying to deploy third-party services, but it gave me an error like this below :

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 4.55.56 PM.png

I haven't seen this error before, if i saw in "Service Definition", VMware Network Fabric is something related with NSX vSwitch, but how can i install NSX vSwitch since this is unlicensed NSX (in Installation menu, we can't install anything anymore). I want to use NSX Manager to managing vShield Endpoint for Agentless Anti-Malware only.

Thanks alot

0 Kudos
6 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When deploying Guest Introspection services for Agentless Anti-Malware, the hosts must be prepared for NSX - meaning the software installed on the hypervisor..

0 Kudos
mrdlnf80
Contributor
Contributor

How can i prepare the host since this is unlicensed NSX? in 6.2.3 release note said "Change in default license & evaluation key distribution: default license upon install is "NSX for vShield Endpoint", which enables use of NSX for deploying and managing vShield Endpoint for anti-virus offload capability only."

If to use vShield Endpoint need to prepare the host (prepare the host need a license) then VMware did a mistake with release a version which doesn't work 🙂

0 Kudos
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have the same issue, cannot prepare the hosts because of the license. Should be able to prepare the host. Installing Guest Introspection VM's works.

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com
0 Kudos
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If I check the compatibility matrix on the Trend Micro site (Deep Security and VMware compatibility matrix), it says:

NSX 6.2.3 needs to be activated by NSX Standard, Advanced or Enterprise license key.

That doesn't sound logical to me. That means every Trend Micro Deep Security customer needs to buy NSX licenses... 😞

0 Kudos
mrdlnf80
Contributor
Contributor

For Trend Micro Deep Security, they are still testing NSX for vShield aka NSX Free so that compatibility list is testing result for NSX licensed version only.

0 Kudos
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware NSX 6.2.3 Compatibility - Deep Security

0 Kudos