VMware Networking Community
winnioe
Contributor
Contributor

NSX cluster backup error

Hello sir,

I have a question for NSX backup, I configured a sftp server, it seems good but I got a error when autobackup are running

As you can see a screenshot node backup is ok but cluster backup is failed.

But, If I click the button (start backup), node and cluster backup are always ok, so I think this isn't problem ok sftp server.

Could you give me a advice for this issue? 

Regards

0 Kudos
9 Replies
EvertAM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You probably already did this, but have you verified the available disk space? It wouldn't really explain why the manual backup works, but it never hurts to check I guess.

0 Kudos
bustmove-ls
Contributor
Contributor

I usually set "/home/xxx" path to backup.

And you can check user and folder  permission.

The backup procedure was like scp

0 Kudos
winnioe
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, no problem of disk space. it is used 5% 

0 Kudos
winnioe
Contributor
Contributor

If there is a permission issue, it should not work even manually......

0 Kudos
EvertAM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried removing and recreating the scheduled backup?

0 Kudos
winnioe
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I changed the scheduled but same issue.

0 Kudos
cms7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

PLease once check that your directories for cluster-backup is formed on the sftp server your using. Also please check the NSX manager cluster status through UI and also check the cluster status through the CLI command "get cluster status".

For further config details you can use CLI command "get cluster config". Through the CLI commands check all is fine with the cluster and its status, and  then try a backup again . Hope this would help.

Regards

Sriram

0 Kudos
cms7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes these things are apart from the obvious space checks  and permission checks on the directories in the sftp server.Also try without any configuring any backup schedule once and check please.

0 Kudos
Jimmy15
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi,

make sure you comply with this KB and make sure if this is a NSX or SFTP issue. we will proceed with this further in right direction.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76528

rgds

regards

PS: Mark kudos or correct answer as appropriate 🙂
0 Kudos