VMware Networking Community
saransh1
Contributor
Contributor

NSX -V - Unable to access certain applications on universal logical switch(Stretched vxlan) in Cross VC environment

Problem Description:

I have 2 logical  in a datacenters is a cross vcenter environment.The segregation for datacenters is logical but the physical devices(Nexus,servers,firewall) resides on the same site/location/racks.

Primary Site - Vcenter 6.7

Secondary site - Vcenter 6.7

NSX version - 6.4.3

I have created a universal logical switch of network 10.1.80.0/24 connected with the universal DLR.

In primary site i have been running the workload for the last 6 months and all the communication is working fine.

Recently we decided to optimize  the use of secondary site and deployed few vmware applications(OVF based) onto the stretched vxlan(10.1 .80.0/24) networks on secondary site.

The issue is I am not able to open the VAMI page of my appliances from my primary site vxlan/vlans to the secondary site stretched vxlan(10.1.80.0/24).

Though I can ping/telnet the servers from my primary site to secondary site server but the application refuses to connect.

As per the attached Diagram VM A is not able to access the URL/Applications/vami pages for VM B and vice versa.

Although  VM A can ping/telnet to VM B and vice versa.

Key Points:

Physical firewall is not involved in the entire communication.

NSX firewall/distributed firewalls are disabled.

Ping/telnet is absolutely working fine hence no routing issues.

Attached the logical Diagram.

Does anybody else have faced such weird issue? Or am i missing anything?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lmoglie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi saransh1

are you sure that MTU is 1600 across site??

Best Regards

LM

0 Kudos
ahandoo
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks to be mtu issue on physical network.

Can you confirm if we have 1600 mtu confiured between source and dest. hosts.

ping ++netstack=vxlan –d –s 1572 –I vmkX IP_address_of_destinataion_host_vmk

Regards,

Anarv Handoo

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

From this key point 'Ping/telnet is absolutely working fine hence no routing issues.' VM A can ping VM B?. If so we've to look into firewall  which may be blocking http/https traffic.

0 Kudos
serbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried to access the VAMIs from the same subnet?

I've had issues where VAMI access did not work when coming from another subnet (routed).

Best regards, Rutger
0 Kudos