VMware Networking Community
KBricksBuilder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

NSX-V Loadbalancer slow-start possible?

I need a loadbalancer to send limited traffic and gradually increase it to hosts after they come online. Is this possible somehow?
I have heard there might be something similar possible with Application rules, but i havent been able to find much information on it beside a few mentions in the HAProxy documentation, which might be useable, however i would prefer to do it with NSX and not having to fiddle the server configs myself.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

There is no direct option to do that.

What you can do is add the new member with lower weight and then modify that once you want to distribute the same traffic to both members.

Example:

Member1: 1w

Member2: 1w

NewMember3: 2w

NewMemeber4: 2w

This way member 3 and 4 will receibe less traffic than 1 and 2 but still get connection (so you can monitor or do what you need to do) Then, you can change the parameters to distribute equaly

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

There is no direct option to do that.

What you can do is add the new member with lower weight and then modify that once you want to distribute the same traffic to both members.

Example:

Member1: 1w

Member2: 1w

NewMember3: 2w

NewMemeber4: 2w

This way member 3 and 4 will receibe less traffic than 1 and 2 but still get connection (so you can monitor or do what you need to do) Then, you can change the parameters to distribute equaly

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
KBricksBuilder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you i will give this a try!