VMware Networking Community
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

NSX-T N/S routing troubleshooting

NSX-t 2.4

Created 3 segmets WEB APP  DB and connected to T1 gateway (composed by  a DR SR).

East west routing is working

Created a T0 gatwìeay with an external interface with IP 172.16.0.99.

T1 and T0 are linked

T1 is set to advertise all Connected Segments & Service Ports

T0 is set to re-distribute  all Connected T0 Segments and T1 connected subnets

From a VM connected to a segment I'm not able to ping the T0 uplink address 172.16.0.99.

T1 Dist router  has a default route  0.0.0.0/0 169.254.0.2(T1 Service router)

T1 Service router has a default route  0.0.0.0/0 100.64.144.0(T0 Dist Router)

T0 Dist router  has a default route  0.0.0.0/0 169.254.0.2(t0 Service router)

T0 Service router owns the IP 172.16.0.99.

How to troubleshoot this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Solved.

The EDGE NODE VM was hosted by an ESXi preaped as transport node. In this case, the 2 TEPS must be in different subnets and my TEPS was in the same subnet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am having the same issue E-W works fine as long as they are Geneve backed but if I connect a VLAN backed segment to T1 I can't ping it from a Geneve backed segment.

I have my provider management network as a downlink on T0 and it works fine for N-S traffic on a VLAN backed segment.

I have all the Route-Redistribute and Advertisement configured, static route on T0 and SNAT on T0.

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well interesting, I can ping from T0 VLAN backed segments into the T1 connected Geneve segments.

I'm guessing this is a routing issue as I want T0 VLAN backed segments to reach T1 Geneve segments and I want T1 Geneve segments to reach T0 VLAN backed segments and the WAN but not T1 to T1 Geneve segments (no firewall rules in place for that yet though).

Getting a grip on the differences from NSX-v to NSX-T has not been easy!

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I tracked down my issue, I had a static route defined for a VLAN that was using the L3 switch for routing and then I moved it to Tier-1 and removed routing from the VLAN but missed the static route defined at Tier-0.

Might comb over those settings and make sure you aren't overlapping subnets.

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Solved.

The EDGE NODE VM was hosted by an ESXi preaped as transport node. In this case, the 2 TEPS must be in different subnets and my TEPS was in the same subnet

0 Kudos