VMware Networking Community
Petersaints
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NSX-T Multi site - T1 change ip address

Hello all,

Need some help with this scenario:

I have two sites (Active/DR) with NSX-T 3.1. I'm using the manual/script solution. I have 2 edge nodes on each site, and I'm also using VRF Lite to isolate my costumers.

What's happening in case of disaster is, when i manual switch the T1's to the the correspondent VRF on the DR site they will get other ip address and it's fine, but when i fail back the T1's again to the primary site, the T1's don't get the ip address that they had before. Is there a way to force the T1's to maintain the ip address?

I'm asking that, because on the active site i have a VRF with some components that need to reach specific VMs that are under each T1, for management propose. To do that i'm using static routes between the T1 of that VRF and the other T1's. But as i said before, when i do the fail back, the T1's ip addresses on the active site change and i need to create a new static route to the new T1 ip. Is there a way to force the ip address of the T1's?

As an alternative, i was thinking in create a service interface on each T1 and instead of do the static routes between the T1's, do that static route between the service interface ip addresses. Is it supported?

Many Thanks.

Regards.

Can you help?
Many thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies