VMware Networking Community
DRAGONKZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

NSX-T Install Failed (via vCLM) on all hosts, java error no route

I'm trying to install NSX-T on my host transport nodes in my "prod" cluster on my home lab (via a transport node profile) and it keeps failing on the "vCLM Remediation Successfull" stage with the following error:

"Failed to install software on host. Host https://server_ip/sdk not reachable. java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host (Host unreachable) java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host (Host unreachable)"

These hosts are freshly installed Cisco flavour of 7.0 U2, patched to latest build via vCLM, and running a single management VMK (for simplistic troubleshooting purposes)

What routing (and from where to where) is required to get the NSX-T agents installed?

My 3 x NSX-T managers and VIP and other VMware infrastructure are in one VLAN, and my ESXi hosts (VMK0) are in another one... routing between all of these is successful otherwise.

My transport node profile is trying to configure a standard, VDS, on an existing VDS in my vCenter that these hosts are attached to, using only an overlay network, with an IP pool configured with addresses in my TEP VLAN.

Any assistance on what I'm doing wrong or where to look to troubleshoot would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DRAGONKZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For what it’s worth, it seems to be related to having a vMotion stack configured or a gateway set in the vMotion stack.

Removing the vMotion vmk using the vMotion stack and the gateway from the stack then allows the NSX-T installation to work without issue.

Adding the vmk and using the vMotion stack after NSX-T installation also works fine… for some reason it can’t be configured before NSX-T installation…

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DRAGONKZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For what it’s worth, it seems to be related to having a vMotion stack configured or a gateway set in the vMotion stack.

Removing the vMotion vmk using the vMotion stack and the gateway from the stack then allows the NSX-T installation to work without issue.

Adding the vmk and using the vMotion stack after NSX-T installation also works fine… for some reason it can’t be configured before NSX-T installation…

0 Kudos