VMware Networking Community
grimsrue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NSX-T 3.2.0 Advance Load Balancer (ALB) - Virtual Service - Application Profile issue

Hello Everyone,

Playing around with NSX-T 3.2.0 ALB. I installed new ALB controllers from the NSX-T UI and have been playing around with it via the Policy manager. I ran into issue when trying to create my first Virtual Service from the NSX-T UI.

There is a option called "Application Profile that is required. I expected to see some default profiles in the drop down like HTTPs, HTTPs-VDI, HTTP, L4, but I am seeing nothing. The help icon just says we can create application profiles using the API. 

It seems to me that the base Application profiles, that are in AVI, would be pulled over to the NSX-T Managers once the controllers are deployed. Seems to me like another bug, but wanted to get some other opinions. Anyone else seeing the same thing. My API skills are limited and having a hard time finding what is needed to create the profiles manually using curl or postman.

grimsrue_0-1640324472578.png

I was expecting to see these profiles. 

grimsrue_1-1640324530188.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AaronNorton2019
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler
I see the same issue and have not found a resolution yet
0 Kudos
grimsrue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A separate post by a separate community member had a similar issue with the ALB Application Profile. VMWare has very bad documentation involving this new ALB NSX-T UI integration. Seems that the ALB App Profile is created using the API and the there is no documentation that states what part of the profile can be used with the basic license and what cannot be used. API documentation also only give you a single example. The below link will take you to the other post which has more detail.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-NSX-Discussions/NSX-T-3-2-0-Advanced-Load-Balancer-virtual-...

0 Kudos