Czernobog
Expert
Expert

[NSX-T 3.1.x] Migrating DHCP Leases from NSX-V to NSX-T 3.1.x

Jump to solution

Is there a way to manually migrate DHCP leases from one product to another? I have a few DHCP servers still on NSX-V and am looking for a programmatical way to migrate them to NSX-T.

I have looked into the REST API for 3.1.x and could not find a suitable query to create new leases at the dhcp server object and also the dhcp server configuration object.

I know I could create static bindings, but would prefer to use normal leases instead. Maybe there is a way to "misuse" a PUT or PATCH methods on one of the dhcp server objects? Do the leases get migrated when you use the NSX migrator service? If so, how?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunvmware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

If a DHCP service is configured on your NSX-v Edge Services Gateway, pre-configure a Gateway DHCP service on the NSX-T overlay segment. For migrating DHCP leases, Edge cutover migration mode supports only Gateway DHCP service. Local DHCP server or Local DHCP relay is not supported.

refer- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.1/nsxt_31_migrate.pdf

If the Answer is helpful, please click "Mark as Correct Answer", this can be beneficial to other community members.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunvmware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

If a DHCP service is configured on your NSX-v Edge Services Gateway, pre-configure a Gateway DHCP service on the NSX-T overlay segment. For migrating DHCP leases, Edge cutover migration mode supports only Gateway DHCP service. Local DHCP server or Local DHCP relay is not supported.

refer- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.1/nsxt_31_migrate.pdf

If the Answer is helpful, please click "Mark as Correct Answer", this can be beneficial to other community members.

View solution in original post

Czernobog
Expert
Expert

This sadly won't help, I have local DHCP servers on the edges an was hoping to migrate the configuration. 

Thank you for answering!

0 Kudos