VMware Networking Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

[NSX-T 3.1.x] Migrating DHCP Leases from NSX-V to NSX-T 3.1.x

Is there a way to manually migrate DHCP leases from one product to another? I have a few DHCP servers still on NSX-V and am looking for a programmatical way to migrate them to NSX-T.

I have looked into the REST API for 3.1.x and could not find a suitable query to create new leases at the dhcp server object and also the dhcp server configuration object.

I know I could create static bindings, but would prefer to use normal leases instead. Maybe there is a way to "misuse" a PUT or PATCH methods on one of the dhcp server objects? Do the leases get migrated when you use the NSX migrator service? If so, how?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunvmware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

If a DHCP service is configured on your NSX-v Edge Services Gateway, pre-configure a Gateway DHCP service on the NSX-T overlay segment. For migrating DHCP leases, Edge cutover migration mode supports only Gateway DHCP service. Local DHCP server or Local DHCP relay is not supported.

refer- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.1/nsxt_31_migrate.pdf

If the Answer is helpful, please click "Mark as Correct Answer", this can be beneficial to other community members.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunvmware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

If a DHCP service is configured on your NSX-v Edge Services Gateway, pre-configure a Gateway DHCP service on the NSX-T overlay segment. For migrating DHCP leases, Edge cutover migration mode supports only Gateway DHCP service. Local DHCP server or Local DHCP relay is not supported.

refer- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.1/nsxt_31_migrate.pdf

If the Answer is helpful, please click "Mark as Correct Answer", this can be beneficial to other community members.

Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This sadly won't help, I have local DHCP servers on the edges an was hoping to migrate the configuration. 

Thank you for answering!

0 Kudos